background2

Saturday, February 2, 2013

#22 Reflect on a Conference Presentation

Today's blog is titled Reflect on a Conference Presentation.  Well since I didn't get to attend any ISTE or FETC high-end conferences, I will have to reflect on a presentation at WVSTC.  Actually, I think our conference is pretty good.  I have been to it before when it was live and attended this year virtually.  In fact, I have presented at it live and virtually.  I won't reflect on my own session though I thought  it was pretty good.  The session I want to reflect on is "Students Love Learning Math with Sum Dog"  which was presented by Elaine Matheny.  Elaine is a TIS in Mason County, a friend of mine, and in fact  I had her children in school and knew her long before she ever became a TIS.  But I didn't pick her because of any of those reasons.  I picked her because she had a very dynamic session.  I had signed up for a Sum Dog account but hadn't really used it.  After her session, I was sold on it.  I got all my teachers using it.  I did a few training's on it and convinced the principals at 2 schools to buy the subscription for the school to customize it further.  My school's have won daily winners in RESA contests and I've had several Top 10 students in the RESA and 1 for a National Top 50 student.  The students enjoy it and are learning math facts so much easier.  That session by far was the most useful one I attended this year.  It isn't very often that a session does that for me.  So I call it winner!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment