background2

Friday, February 1, 2013

#13 Mid-Module Reflection

Today's  blog is a mid-module reflection of what my journey to become a certified TIS has been like.  In some ways, it is exactly what I expected in others it is so different.  Some days I feel like the teachers are vampires sucking the life out of me.  I get very little done besides putting out fires with little annoying technology stuff.  Then some days, I really feel I make a difference and make people reach out and try something they wouldn't have tried without me.  Having 3 schools to service is overwhelming.  I am not as comfortable at the High School, the teachers aren't as open and willing to try new stuff.  They want troubleshooting and everything to work.  My elementary that I used to be the music teacher at is the most needy.  They haven't had a TIS in years and work me hard.  My other elementary, the teachers are very nice but mostly want me to work with them in the lab.  This makes them more comfortable.  It has been interesting working with almost 80 different teachers.  What I have found out is that working with teachers is a lot like working with students.  You have your overachievers, those that will do it,  those that will do it with nagging, and those that will never even try.  Also, teachers are sometimes the worst students.  I knew that already.  If I could have my druthers I would like to work only in elementary.  I feel like I belong there.  To have one school would be awesome.  My other schools won't want to share me.  I need a couple clones :)
I really like being a TIS.  When I first changed I felt remorse for leaving my other gig.  But the longer I do it, the more I love it.

Here is the screen shot of the comment I made.



No comments:

Post a Comment