background2

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#21 Attend a Webinar

Today's topic for my TIS Journey is attend a webinar. Yesterday I attended a webinar, well actually 2 webinars. Simple K12 was having a presenter spotlight series from Kim Munoz. You can follow her on Twitter @techmunoz She is an excellent presenter. I have attended several of her live webinars over the past year. Yesterday's topics were Finding and Evaluating Free Web Tools. She showed us how to follow some people on Twitter, some really good blogs including Richard Byrne's Free Tech for Teacher site, Diigo social bookmarking, and finally a new site I had never heard of called EduTecher. This is also available as an app. The person who runs this site gives links to things he thinks are good and then you can check them out and favorite them if you like them. You can share them with others too. It seemed like a great tool so I downloaded the app to try it out. The other thing that Kim Munoz did the webinar was on Prezi. We talked about the educational Prezi as well as regular Prezi. I have tried before to make a Prezi and I have yet to make one I like, but with her tips I may try again. They are engaging and fun to watch. I recommend everyone join Simple K12. Go to www.simplek12.com and sign up for a free account. With the free account you can watch the live webinars free. If you want to see the on demand webinars and get certificates you have to join the paid version. Hold out for the email offers. I finally got mine for $100 a year. It is a great site to be current though. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment