background2

Sunday, July 15, 2012

#10 Figure Something Out on Your Own

QR Codes or Quick Reader Codes are a relatively new piece of technology. I found out about them early last year at a Simple K12 free webinar. I learn a lot from Simple K12 really. The figure out something by yourself is a pretty good idea. You know I have never handed a student a new piece of technology and have them say I can't use it because I haven't has Professional Development on it. Students try to figure things out and are far more intuitive than teachers. I can see lots of great uses for QR codes. I like the ideas of hard linking and remembering, especially with a link to YouTube. I also like the idea of using them on powerpoints to hyperlink to websites. At my daughter's school there was one on a bulletin board and it gave you instructions to get a prize. My day so far is going well. I am pretty happy with this blogging thing. Kind of a creative outlet. This is my QR Code that I made form www.qrstuff.com and it links to YouTub. It is about Digital Citizenship and would be good to use for a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment