background2

Thursday, April 4, 2013

#17 Twitter in the Classroom

This blog post is about using Twitter in the classroom.  As I mostly spend my days with the elementary set, this is a little more difficult task.  Almost all my students are under the Twitter age threshold of 13.  Of course, barring that our county blocks Twitter.  So that is a big wall to get over.  I really enjoy Twitter and have talked several people into using it.  It is a little "Schizophrenic" to follow until you get the hang of it.  But lots of good education ideas on there.  The trick is to find the right people or stuff to follow.  If I was going to use it in the classroom, I would think it would be good for current events and especially government study.  As a class, I would have the students follow the WV Legislature, the Governor, and they could also follow specific bills and see who is interested and tweeting about what is going on in the bills.  I think it would be interesting to follow bills from committee to the Senate, to the House and then to the Governor. Government in action and current events all rolled into one.  Pretty good use of Social Media and learning I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment