background2

Saturday, March 23, 2013

#11 Learn from A Video

Today's blog is about Learning Something from a Video.  Actually, I use videos a lot as tutorials and to help me with stuff I am not sure about.  I just watched a video on how to take off a Mophie Juice Box for my neighbor's iPhone.  They put it on at the AT&T store and she wanted it off.  I have only ever used Otterbox.  My own daughters use YouTube to find ways to beat video games.  But today I want to talk a little about SchoolTube.  I always considered not all that useful but I did find something very good on School Tube which I have shared with all my teachers at school.  This is the StorylineOnline Channel.  You can go to the website and see some of the videos but it is blocked at our school but the School Tube Channel is open.  Basically, this is members of the Screen Actors Guild reading childrens' books.  They are nicely done and enjoyable to listen to.  Here is a link to the channel.

http://www.schooltube.com/search/?term=storyline+online

These are some of the CSO's it supports.  I listed 2nd grade because most of the books are geared for the primary grades.  I believe there is a listening component to most grade levels.  Children enjoy listening and watching the videos.  I give them a big thumbs up!

RLA.O.2.3.1 Searchlisten, recite and respond to familiar stories, poems and songs (e.g., retell in sequence, relate information to own life, describe character, setting, plot, engage in creative dramatics, imagine beyond the story).
RLA.O.2.3.2 Searchdescribe the main idea or intended messages in a variety of visual media (e.g., pictures, cartoons, weather reports, newspaper photos, visual narratives).
RLA.O.2.3.3access media tools to create an oral or visual presentation (e.g., desktop publishing, electronic resources, photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment